Here’s how the FamilyWize Prescription Discount Card Can Save You Money
|Click here to download a
printable version of this page
All funding for the FamilyWize program is provided by part of the dispensing fee that is included in the cost of medicines when a FamilyWize card is used to save you money, as well as by in-kind donations and reduced costs from the program sponsors. United Way does not receive any monies from the FamilyWize program.
It’s easy to use a FamilyWize Free Prescription Discount Card
- There are no forms to fill out, waiting periods or registration requirements.
- The card is reusable and works for purchases of all FDA-approved medicines, so keep the card in your wallet to use each time you visit your pharmacy.
- Discounts with the card can range up to 40%, with savings on generic drugs usually larger than discounts on brand-name drugs.
- All your family members, friends, and neighbors can use a card immediately!
- You can use the card if you have health insurance, both during deductible periods and for other Rx charges your insurance does not pay for.
- If you are on Medicare, the card can help you save money on medications excluded from coverage.
- The card also can be used in conjunction with Medicaid benefits.
- You can use the card to purchase veterinarian-prescribed human drugs for pets when those drugs are purchased at your pharmacy.
- Most pharmacies from the Roaring Fork Valley to Battlement Mesa (and beyond!) accept the card.
- These free cards are offered by United Way of Garfield County, but FamilyWize discount-Rx cards can be used across the U.S. Additional major-chain pharmacies participating in the FamilyWize program include Albertson’s, CVS, Costco, King Soopers/Kroger, Walgreens, and more.
- To find your nearest pharmacy that honors the card, go to www.familywize.org.
- At the top of the Home page, click on Drug Lookup,
- Then click the Locator button, enter your zip code, and adjust the mileage calculator.
- Also, under Drug Lookup, you can enter any prescription drug name to check out and compare how much money you will save on well-known brand-name and generic drugs.
- If you have another prescription-drug discount card, such as AARP, show both cards to your pharmacist and ask which discount card provides the lower price for your prescription.
For further information, go to www.familywize.org
- On the Home page, click on About the card/Get Your Free Card to print out free extra cards if you lose yours and can’t quickly obtain another card.
- At the top of the Home page, click on Drug Lookup to check out and compare how much money you will save on well-known brand-name and generic drugs.
- Also under Drug Lookup, you can click the Locator button and adjust the mileage calculator to find your nearest pharmacy that honors the card.
- You also can request a quantity of cards offered by various charities and organizations in your community, or from United Way of Battlement to the Bells, (970) 625-8189, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spanish-language cards also are available.
- Countertop cardholder displays are available for companies and organizations that wish to offer free cards.