What can I expect at YouthZone?
In a nutshell: compassion, education, and results.
At YouthZone, our staff is a group of highly trained and well-seasoned professionals with a precious talent for working with youth and families. Our mission is centered on helping families and communities develop the tools for raising empowered and confident youth.
YouthZone’s culture and programming is based on our belief that every person is a multi-faceted human being with unique needs, desires, talents, and motivations. We offer an individualized, comprehensive program tailored to meet each youth and family’s specific needs and strengths.
YouthZone’s services include: youth assessment, parent support, individual and family counseling, Restorative Justice, court programs, mentoring, education workshops, public policy and resource advocacy, and more.
Why you might consider calling YouthZone…as a Parent/Adult
- You have a question or concern about a young person
- You and your child are involved in the legal system
- You want to help strengthen your family
- You’d like to get involved with helping young people
- You’re looking for tips on getting your child to participate more with your family
- You suspect a young person is using drugs or alcohol
Why you might consider calling YouthZone… as a Young Person
- You are having problem
- You want to help a friend who is having problems
- You would like to get involved in the community
- You know someone who talks about hurting themselves or other people
- You are concerned about your or a friend’s drug or alcohol use
- You sometimes feel depressed or are in an extended “slump”
- You feel like you just can’t connect with your family
What We Do at YouthZone
YouthZone Mission statement: To provide opportunities for all youth to be responsible, contributing members of society and work with their families and the community toward this end.
YouthZone provides services to youth ages 6 to 18 years. Our services are geared toward three areas of assistance: Prevention, Intervention, and Volunteerism.
Incorporated in 1976, YouthZone is celebrating more than 37 years of transforming lives, and helping youth, families and communities connect and grow together.
The organization was launched by a group of parents concerned about drug use among high school students. The agency’s original focus was to provide recreational activities along with drug information and education to youth. In its first years of operation, YouthZone assisted about 400 youth between 14 – 17 years old.
Today, YouthZone works with more than 600 youth each year, serving the communities of Aspen, Basalt, El Jebel, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs, New Castle, Silt, Rifle, and Parachute.
YouthZone’s professionalism and experience in youth work have garnered local, state and national accolades.
|1-970-945-9300 or 1-970-945-8924||803 School Street
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
|Rifle Location: 136 East 12th Street, Rifle, CO 81650. 970-625-3141
Carbondale Location: Third Street Center. 520 South Third Street, Carbondale, CO 81623. 970-963-0618
Aspen Location: Schults Health and Human Service Building. 0405 Castle Creek Road Ste 3, Aspen, CO 81611. 970-920-5702