Who We Are
- Food Pantry Food assistance – once a month per family
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Baskets – One Food basket per holiday. 1 per family
- USDA Commodities Government food assistance program, distributed once monthly, Residency in County & Income verified to qualify. (Please see the Commodities Page on liftup.org site for more information and eligibility.)
- Prescriptions $100 – 2 visits per year per person
- Bus Passes Available ONLY for verifiable job interviews or medical appointments, 1 time per year, per family
(Address verification is required for all services. Guests should register in the town they reside in.)
- Soup Kitchens Daily Hot Meals are served at The Glenwood Extended Table Soup Kitchen located in the basement of the Methodist Church on the corner of 9th & Cooper, downtown Glenwood Springs
Meals are served from 5 to 6 pm Monday through Friday
- Daily Hot Meals are served at The Rifle Extended Table Community Dinner located at the Rifle United Methodist Presbyterian Church – Lovell Building 200 E. 4th Street
Meals are served from 5 to 6 pm every Tuesday and Thursday
What We Do
LIFT-UP is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing essential humanitarian assistance in the communities we serve. We have been officially operating in the region for the past 34 years, after “unofficially” meeting needs in the area for some time. LIFT-UP is an acronym for Life Inter-Faith Team on Unemployment & Poverty.
What began as a temporary solution to circumstantial needs has continued for the past 34 years. LIFT-UP has grown to include Food Pantries in Parachute, Rifle, New Castle, Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, Basalt and Aspen. We also operate two thrift stores one in Rifle, the other in Parachute. Through these stores, we assist people in the community with clothing and household items.
The organization formed initially in response to growing needs created by the rapid influx of people coming to the area to work in the booming oil shale industry. With not enough places to live, folks were sleeping in their cars and camping under bridges. And not everyone found work, so people were struggling to feed their families.
A subsequent bust left a large number of people without jobs, literally overnight. LIFT- UP provided food assistance for these people until they could get back on their feet.
For the past 22 years, LIFT-UP has overseen The Extended Table Soup Kitchen in Glenwood Springs at the United Methodist Church, which serves dinner each Monday through Friday so that anyone in need can have at least one good meal. In 2012 An Extended Table opened in Rifle serving meals each Tuesday and Thursday from 5pm – 6pm at the Rifle United Methodist Presbyterian Church. The Extended Table has made it possible for anyone in need to find a good hot meal, along with some much needed social support and encouragement.
As long as the needs have continued, LIFT-UP has been here to provide these essential services. If there are people hungry and in need, LIFT-UP will rally the community and mobilize resources to meet their needs.
|PO Box 1928
Rifle, CO 81650
EXTENDED TABLE SOUP KITCHEN
First United Methodist Church
Rifle United Methodist Presbyterian Church 200 East 4th Street(one block east of Railroad Ave.) Rifle, Co 81650 Phone: 970-625-4496 Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 5pm-6pm https://www.liftup.org/