Many nonprofits in the Roaring Fork Valley have a continuing need for volunteers of various different stripes. Here are a few of them!
United Way Battlement to the Bells is excited to host an AmeriCorps VISTA Project for our region!
● VISTA stands for Volunteers in Service to America.
● VISTAs serve a full year in a capacity-building role and receive a modest monthly
living stipend. Additionally, through our program specifically, we are offering a
$200/month housing stipend.
● UWBB acts as the intermediary sponsor organization for our region (Aspen
to Parachute), meaning we take the fiscal responsibility and overarching
administration of the grant. For some of our most vital non-profits, these volunteers are
breathing vitality into their organizations and helping our communities Live United.
● There are currently 14 participating sub-site organizations under the UWBB
VISTA sponsor umbrella sub-sites of service include CASA of the 9th,
Alpine Legal Services, Youth Zone, Garfield County Housing Authority,
River Center-New Castle, Family Visitor Program, Literacy Outreach,
Habitat for Humanity, Raising A Reader, Catholic Charities CMC Garfield
County Sewing Works, CMC School of Transitional Development, West
Mountain Health Alliance, and more to come!
● Because the size of our project we are also receiving funding to hire a VISTA
Leader – someone who has been an AmeriCorps member before. This leader is
hosted at UWBB full time.
● If you have any questions about the UWBB VISTA Project contact the VISTA
Program Manager, Andie Scott, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about AmeriCorps VISTA visit: http://my.americorps.gov
To find our current listings visit: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/search.do