Here’s how the FamilyWize Prescription Discount Card Can Save You Money
The discounts and savings on medications you get from this card are provided voluntarily by the more than 61,000 participating pharmacies that have agreed to provide prices similar to what they offer large insurance companies and employers.
All funding for the FamilyWize program is provided by part of the dispensing fee that is included in the cost of medicines when a FamilyWize card is used to save you money, as well as by in-kind donations and reduced costs from the program sponsors. United Way does not receive any monies from the FamilyWize program.
It’s easy to use a FamilyWize Free Prescription Discount Card
- There are no forms to fill out, waiting periods or registration requirements.
- The card is reusable and works for purchases of all FDA-approved medicines, so keep the card in your wallet to use each time you visit your pharmacy.
- Discounts with the card can range up to 40%, with savings on generic drugs usually larger than discounts on brand-name drugs.
- All your family members, friends, and neighbors can use a card immediately!
- You can use the card if you have health insurance, both during deductible periods and for other Rx charges your insurance does not pay for.
- If you are on Medicare, the card can help you save money on medications excluded from coverage.
- The card also can be used in conjunction with Medicaid benefits.
- You can use the card to purchase veterinarian-prescribed human drugs for pets when those drugs are purchased at your pharmacy.
More than 61,000 pharmacies across the U.S. accept this Prescription Discount Card.
- Most pharmacies from the Roaring Fork Valley to Battlement Mesa (and beyond!) accept the card.
- These free cards are offered by United Way of Garfield County, but FamilyWize discount-Rx cards can be used across the U.S. Additional major-chain pharmacies participating in the FamilyWize program include Albertson’s, CVS, Costco, King Soopers/Kroger, Walgreens, and more.
- To find your nearest pharmacy that honors the card, go to www.familywize.org.
- At the top of the Home page, click on Drug Lookup,
- Then click the Locator button, enter your zip code, and adjust the mileage calculator.
- Also, under Drug Lookup, you can enter any prescription drug name to check out and compare how much money you will save on well-known brand-name and generic drugs.
- If you have another prescription-drug discount card, such as AARP, show both cards to your pharmacist and ask which discount card provides the lower price for your prescription.
For further information, go to www.familywize.org
- On the Home page, click on About the card/Get Your Free Card to print out free extra cards if you lose yours and can’t quickly obtain another card.
- At the top of the Home page, click on Drug Lookup to check out and compare how much money you will save on well-known brand-name and generic drugs.
- Also under Drug Lookup, you can click the Locator button and adjust the mileage calculator to find your nearest pharmacy that honors the card.
- You also can request a quantity of cards offered by various charities and organizations in your community, or from United Way of Battlement to the Bells, (970) 625-8189, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spanish-language cards also are available.
- Countertop cardholder displays are available for companies and organizations that wish to offer free cards.